Latest News

(English) Special Legal Notice to Rhode Island Public Employees: Supreme Court’s Janus Ruling Means You Can Resign from Union & Cut off Dues at Any Time

Posted in News Releases

(English) In response to reports that the Rhode Island Attorney General and Ocean State union officials are misinforming teachers and other public employees of their legal protections under the Foundation-won Janus decision, National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation staff attorneys have issued a Special Legal Notice for all Rhode Island teachers who wish to exercise their right to stop financially supporting a union.

(English) Citing Janus, Pennsylvania Public School Teachers Ask Federal Court to Strike Down Unconstitutional Law Authorizing Forced Dues

Posted in News Releases

(English) In an ongoing case challenging the constitutionality of mandatory union payments, a group of Pennsylvania teachers have asked a federal judge to apply the recent landmark Janus Supreme Court precedent by striking down the portions of Pennsylvania law that authorize forced union dues.

(English) Special Legal Notice to Marriott Employees Represented by the UNITE HERE Union

Posted in News Releases

(English) Officials of UNITE HERE have ordered Marriott employees out on strike across the country. The situation raises serious concerns for employees who believe there is much to lose from a union-ordered strike. Employees have the right under federal labor law to rebuff union officials’ strike demands, but it is important for you to be informed about that right before you do so.









  • Can I be required to be a union member or pay dues?
  • What if I want to continue working during a strike?
  • How can I resign my union membership?
  • What are my rights if there is a “card check” organizing drive at my workplace?
  • How do I eliminate forced union dues from my workplace?
  • How do I eliminate the union from my workplace?
  • How do I cut off the use of my forced dues for politics?
  • What if I have a religious objection to being affiliated with a union?
  • How can I request free legal aid?
  • How does the National Right to Work Foundation differ from the National Right to Work Committee?