[En español]

You must resign from union membership to stop the use of your union dues for politics and other nonbargaining activities. Union members can lawfully be, and almost always are, required to pay full dues, including the part that is used for politics and other nonbargaining purposes.

How you can resign your union membership if you wish to do so is explained here: How can I resign my union membership and stop paying union dues?

If you would like to learn more about your rights as a state or local government employee, click on the appropriate question below: