Choosing to file charges against the union or against your employer is a personal decision that the Foundation neither recommends nor opposes. However, if you want to file charges with the National Labor Relations Board or a state labor board against a union or your employer concerning abuses of compulsory union representation or forced membership or union fees, please contact Foundation staff attorneys at (800) 336-3600 or by email or click here to fill out a legal aid request form for free legal advice regarding the correct procedures to use and the best circumstances under which charges may be filed.