If you work in the public sector and at the state or local level (including high school or college) level, whether you can file your own unfair labor practice charges with a state agency depends on state law. Choosing to file charges against the union or against your employer is a personal decision which the Foundation neither recommends nor opposes. However, if you do decide to file charges with a state agency against the union or against your employer, please feel free to contact the Foundation for free legal advice regarding the correct procedures to use and the best circumstances under which charges may be filed. Advice will be limited to cases involving abuses of compulsory unionism within the charter purposes of the Foundation. To contact the Foundation, you may: * Send an e-mail to the Foundation’s legal department; * Fill out our online contact form for free legal aid; * Call the Foundation’s toll-free number at 1-800-336-3600.